USE OF THIS WEBSITE
All information on this website is provided in good faith and for general information purposes only. Hudson Blinds and Shutters Ltd t/a blindsbypost ('we' or 'us') will endeavour to ensure that all information published on this site is accurate and up-to-date. We reserve the right to make changes and corrections at any time, without notice. Hudson Blinds and Shutters Ltd accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in the Hudson Blinds and Shutters Ltd website. Any decision(s) a visitor to the Hudson Blinds and Shutters Ltd website makes based on information contained in the website is (are) at the sole discretion of the visitor. Any subsequent damages suffered are also the sole responsibility of the visitor. Hudson Blinds and Shutters Ltd accepts no liability for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of whatever kind resulting from whatever cause. This website and its contents (including all associated domain names and brand identities) are the property of Hudson Blinds and Shutters Ltd. None of the material may be used without our prior, written permission. All information supplied on this website is subject to copyright protection and as such, copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property throughout this website remains the property of Hudson Blinds and Shutters Ltd. You may only reproduce material and/or content of this website for your own personal, non-commercial use. It is strictly prohibited to copy, reproduce, publish, display, broadcast or use this material in any commercial forum unless explicitly authorised to do so by Hudson Blinds and Shutters Ltd.
ORDER, MANUFACTURE, DELIVERY & FITTING
1. Creating Your Account
When you place an order on our website, you agree that an account will be created on our website. This enables us to process your order and manufacture your goods. It also allows you access to your account to update your personal information, manage your addresses and also view previous orders.
2. Alterations (changes to order)
No order alterations can be accepted after 2 hours of the date and time on the order (standard delivery), and after 1 hours when the fast-track delivery is chosen.
3. Shade Variation
Whilst every effort is made to keep colour shades constant we cannot be held responsible for shade variations from the sample colour received in which the customer has ordered the blinds. We cannot guarantee that the shade of any samples products will exactly match the shade of the blinds upon order, due to batch variations.
- Fabrics, orders placed together would be produced from the same fabric batch, however, orders placed at different times may be produced from different batch numbers.
- Wooden Venetian blinds are a natural wood product, and shade variances can occur because of this. If you require the EXACT colour of the blind, please contact our team who will be happy to assist.
- Metal Venetian blinds, we use colour co-ordinating headrails and bottom bars. In some cases these would not be an exact match to the slat on the blind, but a close co-ordinating colour.
Please note that fabric is cut by highly skilled professionals who will be as accurate as possible within a variance of +/- 2cm.
We will not replace the order unless there is a manager's discretion if the sizes are within this tolerance limit and you will not be entitled to reject the goods.
5. Creasing & Bruising
It is not always possible to avoid some creasing or bruising from occurring during the handling or packing of your blinds. We guarantee that all creases, bruises or other pressure marks will ‘hang out’ within a maximum of 12 weeks provided that the blinds shall have been removed from the original packaging and hung from rails within 7 days after delivery.
6. Roman Blinds
Whilst Roman blinds are pleasing to the eye and fashionable, there are inherent difficulties in manufacturing which we would draw customers’ attention to:
- Roman blinds are usually made from curtain fabric which differs from roller blind/vertical blind fabric as it is soft and not specifically manufactured for this purpose.
- It is not possible to manufacture Roman blinds to exact millimetre sizes. Although the fabric is cut to exact size and manufacture of the blind is to the exact size, the final steam pressing process can cause fractional rates of shrinkage to different qualities of fabrics. However, we do guarantee the blind to be within 15mm of the sizes that you have specified.
- Although checked and striped fabrics are suitable for making curtains from, normal curtains manufacturing tolerances are not fine enough for what we would consider a satisfactory appearance on Roman blinds. Although we will make blinds from striped and checked fabrics this is carried out on the understanding that the stripes will not necessarily be vertically aligned with the sides of the blind and with checked fabrics the squares will not necessarily run exactly in alignment with the top, bottom and side edges.
7. Hand-woven Fabrics - Roman Blinds
The charm and characteristics of hand-dyed, hand-woven fabrics lie in the irregularity of their weaving; and as the yarn is dyed prior to weaving it may appear to vary in shade across the fabric. Similarly, part of the charm of these fabrics is that no two lengths are identical. These are perfectly normal characteristics which add depth and texture and should not be considered a fault. We recommend DRY CLEANING and we strongly recommend that blinds be protected by a good quality curtain lining. Colour match and pattern match cannot be guaranteed. Please note that natural and hand-woven fabrics will have slubs of thick and thin yarns and may not be colour fast to light or washing.
8. Silk Fabrics - Roman Blinds
Natural silk has probably been dyed using vegetable dyes. Use of such dyes does not allow light fastness of the fabric to be guaranteed and the fabric WILL fade. Thus, we recommend that it is not used in circumstances where it is exposed to direct or reflected sunlight or artificial light, and, in particular, in rooms with a south- facing aspect. We advise that where appropriate, lining and interlining be used. If used for curtains, it is prudent to reduce the leading edge. Weaving variations will occur as they are a characteristic of silk and should not be considered as faults. Colour and pattern match cannot be guaranteed. If you cannot accept the characteristics of silk then we will be pleased to show you other alternatives.
9. Product Features
The assigned product features and attributes of our products are provided to us by the material manufacturer. We cannot be held responsible for any mis-assigned features and/or attributes, and we are unable to cancel or refund any order resulting from this error. If you have any questions with the features of your product, please contact our customer service team before ordering.
Please note; the following features do have some limitations
- "Blackout" or "Blockout", although the material would be blackout, this actual product can contain some light leakage, as such we are unable to advertise this as 100% blackout. As examples; on a vertical blind you may get light leakage between each slat, on a perfect fit blind you may get light leakage between the material and frame and on a roller blind you will get ligh leakage between the fabric and the edge of the brackets.
- "Waterproof", although the material would be waterproof, parts of this blind are not. As example, on a faux wood blind the slats would be waterproof, however, components parts within the cassette are not. We do not advertise any of our blinds as suitable for outdoor use, so the term waterproof only applied to internal blinds where there is potential for splashes to be easily cleaned off the product.
10. Dispatch & Delivery
Anticipated delivery dates are approximate and whilst we use our best endeavours to meet delivery dates, we cannot be held responsible for any delay. Neither shall such delay constitute a breach of contract.
- This website is only for delivery of products to customers within the UK and Northern Ireland. All goods must be signed for by an adult aged 18 years or over on delivery.
- Delivery charges and estimated timescales are specified in the home delivery information section and when you place an order. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales, however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors and all goods and products are subject to availability. Hudson Blinds & Shutters Ltd shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within estimated timescales. We recommend that you make arrangements for trades people to carry out work on your behalf only after your order has been delivered, you have checked that there are no defects and that all components are complete.
- * For products qualifying for same day despatch, the order must be made before 11am and all products in the order must qualify. After 11am, qualifying orders will despatch the next working day.
- * Blinds are dispatched via DHL on a next working day service, however please allow 1-2 working days for delivery to allow for any long length delays, delays in transit or if being delivered to a courier surcharge area.
- Risk of loss and damage of products passes to you on the date when the products are delivered or on the date of first attempted delivery by us.
- Refusal of delivery may result in re-delivery charges (unless refused and signed as damaged upon receipt of the item).
- Multiple unsuccessful delivery attempts may result in re-delivery charges. You will be contacted once the item has been returned to us. Returned items are only held up to 4 weeks and may be disposed of after this time.
- Some assembly may be required on selected products. For example, our Perfect Fit blinds, you may need to connect the side tracks to the blind (this is outlined within our fitting instructions), and Vertical blind slats may need weights inserting and chains connecting to them.
All products are quality checked before dispatch but in the unlikely event that you experience any issues, these must be reported in writing to [email protected], clearly describing the issue. We aim to respond to all eMails within 1 working day but please allow 5 working days at busy times. You have 48 hours following receipt of your goods to report any damaged or defective goods due to manufacturing, or damage caused while being in the delivery process. Please do not fit the blind during the investigation process. We reserve the right to request digital images of any issues that you report to us or to request the product be returned to us for inspection, whichever we deem necessary. This does not affect your statutory rights. Once we have completed our investigation, if we deem necessary, we will only replace the made to measure product(s) in question.
12. Replacement Items
Where replacement items are produced, please be aware that due to the shade variation (item 2) and manufacturing tolerance (item 3) the replacement item may differ slightly to the original. We cannot be held responsible for these differences.
The prices indicated are in £Pound Sterling and include all taxes. We reserve the right to modify our prices at any time but will apply the current rates as indicated to you on the site at the time the order was placed. We would like to inform you that if an obviously incorrect price appears on our website (a price that is clearly too low, for example), and for whatever reason (IT bug, human error, technical error etc.), your order will be cancelled, even if it has been initially validated.
14. Product or Delivery Complaints
Any complaints or queries must be notified in writing by eMail ([email protected]) 48 hours of receipt of delivery. Any complaints made outside this time frame will not be valid.
15. Price & Payment
The price quoted at the time of order is for custom made blinds. All balances due on this order are payable on order.
The warranty excludes any conditions or damages resulting from accidents, alterations, misuse, abuse or failure to follow the printed instructions with respect to measurement, installation, cleaning or maintenance of the product. The obligation of blindsbypost is limited to the repair or replacement of the blind or the components found to be defective, and excludes any freight charges or associated costs of removal and re-installation.
- Time period of warranty is displayed on the product page.
- For the first 60 days of receipt of goods and a fault occurs, we will collect and repair your item, or if a repair is not possible, we will provide a replacement item.
- After 60 days of receipt of goods, you would have to return this to us, the repair and re-delivery would be completed free of charge by us.
17. Order Acceptance
Your order acceptance will happen when we eMail you the order confirmation to accept it, at this point a contract will start between you and us (blindsbypost). If you do not receive an eMail within 30 minutes from order and after checking your Junk/Spam folder, please call us immediately.
We recommend that you should always check the eMail we have sent to you with the confirmation of your ordered products to make sure you have ordered correctly; please notify us immediately if you need to change any part of it. We recommend that you call us by telephone so that a customer service advisor can act on this immediately.
We have the right to cancel your order if:
- We have insufficient stock to make and deliver the goods ordered.
- If you have ordered from an island or country where we do not deliver.
- The goods ordered unbeknown to us have been discontinued.
- A pricing error or typing error has occurred due to system failure within our database or website, including the use of any unwarranted coupons. If for any reason beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to supply a particular item, we will notify you as soon as possible. No discounts or compensation can be offered under these unforeseen circumstances.
All our products listed are made to measure (with the exception of some "Blind parts"). Made to measure products are not subject to Distance Selling Regulations, and where incorrect information or product choices has been provided we cannot issue a refund in these circumstances.
- Made to measure orders cannot be cancelled after 2 hours from time of ordering (see Clause 19).
- Made to measure items cannot be refunded or exchanged if incorrect information is provided from you.
- If you wish to return your item, you must inform us of your intention within seven working days of receipt, in writing to [email protected] We will then provide you with a returns address and support call number. We will pay costs of any return where the products are faulty or mis-described. For any other returns reason, you must cover the costs of the return. If you would like us to arrange collection of your item(s) for return, for example if they are long lengths, we will charge £15.00 per parcel, this is simply what we are charged from our couriers.
- A proof of posting or collection must be obtained and retained until we inform you that we have received your item, whether we collect the item or you send the item.
No postage and packing paid in buying the item or returning the item will be refunded.
- The item and any packaging must be in the same condition as it was when you received it and in a re-saleable condition. If any damage has been caused by your handling which deems them non-saleable in a retail environment then we may reduce your refund of the price paid to reflect the new value of the goods.
- For any damages or defects and how we process the replacement please see clause 11.
If you require to make a change to or cancel your order, please contact us immediately.
Note: We aim to begin production on each order received within 1 hour (Fast-Track Delivery) or 2 hours (Standard Delivery) from eMail time stamped order receipt so any changes must be advised urgently (see Clause 2).
We will advise if the change is possible, and will always do our utmost to accomodate each change; advise if there are any pricing changes, delivery timescale changes or any other factor which may be necessary resulting in your change.
If the change is not possible or you dispute any changes we have to make as per your request, you have the right to cancel your contract subject to being within the timescales listed above.
19.1 You can end your contract with us:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 16; or
- If you have just changed your mind about the product you may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period (if applicable), but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any product received. As explained in clause 19.3 below, this right will only apply if the product you have ordered is not made-to-measure and is a standard product (see clause 19.3)
For the purposes of this clause 19.1 a product will not be deemed mis-described if we are satisfied it is covered by the provisions of clauses 3,4,5,6,7,8 & 9 (where applicable)
19.2 Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do.
If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at 19.2.1 to 19.2.4 below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided. The reasons are:
19.2.1 we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
19.2.2 there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control
19.2.3 we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons; or
19.2.4 you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
19.3 Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013).
For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. However, these rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, exclude products that are made to the customer’s specification as made-to-measure products. As the products we manufacture are made-to-measure and are created to the measurements provided by you, the right to change your mind will not apply to any such products purchased from our website. If you want to change any part of your order or cancel your order you will need to contact us within an hour of you placing your order, although if we have started to make the product we will be entitled to withhold from any refund the cost of materials used.
19.4 How long do I have to change my mind?
For standard, non made-to-measure products you have 14 days from the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods. As explained above, once we have started the manufacturing of your made-to-measure products, you are not able to cancel the contract.
20. Discount's & Promotions
All offer codes are applied to the value of the order, excluding delivery costs and are subject to our general Terms & Conditions.
The voucher/offer/discount/promotional code must be entered into the Voucher Code field on the basket page and applied for the discount to be deducted from the order.
Unless stated, discounts cannot be combined and only one offer can be applied to any offer.
We are unable to retrospectively apply discount codes to orders already placed, or hold the offer for longer than the advertised promotional period.
Only one discount code can be used per person, per household. We continually monitor promotions and mis-use of any offer may lead to cancellation of an order.
Any items which are already reduced in price, showing a "Was" and "Now" price are also excluded from any promotional voucher offers.
We reserve the right to amend or withdraw any discount or promotion at any time.
21. Product Images
Disclaimer: Product images shown are for illustration purposes only. Whilst we aim to show most accurate representation possible, we cannot guarantee that the colour you see accurately portrays the true colour of the product due to other factors. We always suggest that you order a free sample before making a purchase to make sure that you are happy with the colour(s)/product(s). Our free samples are posted by first class on the same day.
22. Social Media
When you post and/or tag any social media content (including, without limitation, photos, text, graphics, video, comments or any other content) in relation to blindsbypost on social media sites (such as Instagram or Facebook) (“Social Content”), we may request your permission to use this Social Content in connection with our business. Such use may be in conjunction with our website, electronic media and/or print materials.
By responding to the request with the hashtag #yesBlindsbypost you agree to the following:
You grant blindsbypost, through Hudson Blinds & Shutters LTD, (hereinafter referred to as “blindsbypost”) a non-exclusive, royalty free worldwide license to use any photos or moving content in relation to which you have responded #yesBlindsbypost, (hereinafter referred to as “Social Content”) for its marketing and/or in its advertising, including the online store, emails, social media - blindsbypost channels and paid social media, store materials and other customer communications conducted by blindsbypost, its affiliates or partners. blindsbypost may use, reproduce, distribute, combine with other materials, alter and/or edit your Social Content in its sole discretion.
By replying #yesBlindsbypost, you hereby represent and warrant that (i) you own all rights (including copyright) in the Social Content uploaded or, if the Social Content is subject to third party rights, you have acquired and obtained all licenses, rights, consents and permissions to publish the Social Content, (ii) you are over the age of 18, (iii) blindsbypost’s use of your Social Content will not violate the intellectual, proprietary or other rights of any third party or applicable law. You hereby release and discharge blindsbypost from all claims and obligations to pay you for any use of Social Content and any liability relating to its use of your Social Content in accordance with these Social Media Terms.
By consenting to our request to use your Social Content, you grant blindsbypost the right to publish your name, username, likeness, caption associated with that content in connection with the use of your content.
If you believe that any Social Content uploaded on our website (blindsbypost.co.uk) infringes on someone’s intellectual property or legal rights, is offensive, infammatory or inappropriate then you can report the photo by sending an email to [email protected]