How To Measure For A Vertical Blind
Measuring your windows to get your ideal blind size is not a difficult task, simply follow the 3 steps below. You can measure in centimeters, millimeters or inches, but please remember the more precise you are, the more precise we are.
This quick video shows you step-by-step how you can measure for Vertical Blinds, using the blindsbypost website.
We have also highlighted some key points to remember below.
- Measure in 3 places and always use the smallest measurements
- Don't make any deductions from your measured sizes
- Read and follow our guides before ordering
Measure For Recess
For a recess fitting blind please measure your window recess exactly. We always advise to measure the width and height of the recess in multiple places and quote the minimum values when ordering.
We then make small deductions needed to ensure the blind fits perfectly into the recess.
- Measure the width of your recess (wall to wall) in 3 different locations. The most important measurement to write down is the smallest one.
- Measure the drop (height) of your recess ( top to window sill) in 3 different locations. Once again the most important measurement to write down is the smallest one.
- Use these exact measurements throughout our website and ensure you select "Recess" as the measurement type
Please Note: if the recess is less than 60mm / 2.5" deep, the window opens inwards or there are other obstructions the blind may have to be fitted outside the recess
Please use this measurement method for fitting blinds outside the recess or if you are measuring a current blind. We recommend a window recess overlap of at least 80mm on each side. This ensures complete coverage of the window.
We do not make any deductions to the measurements given when using the actual blind size option.
- Measure the width of your window and any overlap you require. We advice an overlap of at least 6cm on the window recess.
- Measure the drop (height) of your window and any overlap you require. Once again we advice an overlap of at least 6cm on the window recess.
- Use these exact measurements throughout our website and ensure you select "Exact" as the measurement type.
Please note: the drop given will be the overall blind drop (from the top of the head rail to the bottom of the slats). Do not provide a slat only size when ordering a complete vertical blind.
Key Product Information
Minimum Width Size: 200mm (20cm),
Maximum Width Size: 3000mm (400cm)
Minimum Drop Size: 300mm (30cm),
Maximum Drop Size: 3000mm (300cm)
Width and/or Drop : +/- 5mm
with clear thread, not cheaply glued!
UK Standard Double Slotted Blind Hanger
sewn in to each slat, which will allow you to raise the slats by 5mm (if needed)
When selecting a Vertical Blind with wand control, the wand location would be between the 1st and 2nd slat.
All of our vertical blinds are currently produced with a white Slimline 30mm track. We will soon be offering the Imparla 40mm track, which will enable even spacing throughout the blind.
We do not recommend 'center split' bunching option on track widths less than 1000mm.